Part of the Queen-City’s aileron
Part of the aileron
A painted piece of the aileron from the Queen-City.
This piece is used to decorate a wall inside a house in Spain.
The piece was the outboard end fitted to the rear section of the aileron.
On the photo the original canvas fabric and wooden construction are clearly visible.
This piece was taken from the crash site and painted after the war as a remembrance
to operation Market-Garden.
Painted on the canvas fabric are the aircraft passing over Oisterwijk, the St. Petrus
church and farm fields and treestogether with the text Oisterwijk 1944.